It's that time of year again - hiring time!
We are Earth + City, an innovative and exciting food preparation company located in Toronto, looking for new people to join our growing team for this season (Late April / Early May to October). It is our mission to enrich the health and sustainability of our local food community and economy. We prepare healthy, plant-based food in tandem with the Ontario growing season. Our food is available at farmers’ markets, in local shops, by ordering online, or for catered events.
Working with Earth + City is nothing short of lively, dynamic, and creative. You will be working with us in our beautiful, bright kitchen (located at 88 Cawthra Avenue) preparing plant-based food and/or selling with us at various farmers’ markets, festivals, and events around the city. We are looking to hire folks who have kitchen and/or sales experience, and of course, those who are passionate about food.
The job requires both mental and physical strength and stamina, as you will be on your feet and moving most of the working day. It also requires full adaptability to varying weather conditions where you may be asked to sell at markets in rainy or cool conditions. If you are a person who wants to work in an energising work environment, who has initiative and drive, and who wants to spend time engaged in Toronto’s amazing food community, then please apply!
Position: Production and/or Market Support Staff
Organization: Earth + City
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Duration: Seasonal - Late April / Early May - Late October (plus potential for extension)
Hours: PT and FT hours available
Application Deadline: Friday, April 12th - 3 pm
- Valid G class drivers licence with clean driving record
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate (or able to get one pending being hired)
- Physically able to withstand long periods of standing, lifting 40 - 50 lbs unaided and working in all types of weather
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to problem solve on the fly
Looking for applicants that have experience in:
- Handling money and using mental maths to calculate costs/order totals
- Food preparation
- Physical labour
Qualities we love in our team:
- Passion for local and seasonal food
- Positive attitude
- Dedication and efficiency (even in repetitive tasks)
- Strong teamwork
- Open Communication
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by sending your resume and letter of interest (.doc or .pdf only please) to Ashley & Kate, with the subject line, Production/Market Support Staff. Thank you!
Earth + City is an equal opportunity employer. As such we agree not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.